>  1. Are we discussing whether to shut down asap the WGs that are
>     presently in the sub-IP area ?

maybe some folk are.  in fact, the ietf is now big enough that
surely someone is.  but i don't think it is one of the alternatives
which harald, bert, scott, the iesg, ... put forward

>  2. Are we discussing whether to move these WGs from one area to
>     another, while making sure that such move would have no impact
>     on the work that is going on in these WGs ?

that was one of the alternatives.  though possibly some folk thought
it might have a positive impact on the work going on in the wgs.

>  3. Are we discussing whether it would be possible to shut down the
>     WGs that are presently in the sub-IP area  without stating this
>     explicitly by dissolving the sub-IP area and moving these WGs
>     to some other areas ?

indeed, you may be discussing that.  seems you are.  but i don't think
harald, bert, scott, the iesg ... were doing so.

randy