Yakov Rekhter wrote:
Paul,

Er, toning down the rhetoric a bit, it is worthwhile to ask two questions:
- Does keeping the WGs in one area help significantly?
- Does keeping the WGs in the IETF help significantly?
I think it would be worthwhile to ask the following three questions:
I do too. But it wasn't part of any of the discussion thus far, and is completely independent of needing a SubIP area.

All the alternatives that involved moving assumed the current groups relocate under areas they are _already_ supposed to be working closely with anyway.

1. Are we discussing whether to shut down asap the WGs that are presently in the sub-IP area ?

2. Are we discussing whether to move these WGs from one area to another, while making sure that such move would have no impact on the work that is going on in these WGs ?

3. Are we discussing whether it would be possible to shut down the WGs that are presently in the sub-IP area without stating this explicitly by dissolving the sub-IP area and moving these WGs to some other areas ?
If we want to shut a WG, one would hope there are better and easier ways than to target the entire area.

Joe