On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> As long as we're bitching about the network: would it be possible to
> start doing some unicast streaming of sessions in the future? Access to
> multicast hasn't gotten significantly better the past decade, but
> streaming over unicast is now routine as the codecs are so much better
> these days, as is typical access bandwidth. I'll happily take 40 kbps
> MPEG-4 audio only; the video is so badly out of sync that it is
> unwatchable most of the time anyway.

if you want to show up with encoders I'll give you an audio/video feed...
then you can baby your boxes and not go to any meeting you want all week
just like me. I would be able lot cheaper and less work if the multicast
folks just paid to go to the meeting like normal people.

Joel Jaeggli           Unix Consulting         [EMAIL PROTECTED]