On 8 mei 2010, at 1:50, Glen Zorn wrote:

> More than once, I _have_ asked the driver specifically if he accepts credit
> cards (the advertised policy notwithstanding) only to have him refuse it
> upon arrival...

Curious way to engage in commerce. Where was this?

BTW:

I'm typing this from Schiphol airport. I just went to the train ticket counter,
and they have big signs posted everywhere that they only accept PIN-enabled
credit cards. And cash, of course. Note that on http://www.ietf78.nl/ it says
that the railway ticket machines accept cash, but that's only barely true: only
some of them do, and then only in the form of coins.