Henk,

If I look back at my years on the IAOC, then I think that it is very important that the opinions of the I* groups is known in the IAOC and it is equally important that the I* groups have a vote when decisions are to be made. I'm not at all convinced though that the person doing this needs to be the chair. A model where the I* selects one of them to represent the I* on the IAOC (with full voting rights for that person) would work equally well, of course, assuming that the representative talks to the other members of the I* group. A model where the I* can send 1 person, rather than just the chair, will make it easier for the I* to distribute the work amongst the people. That is an improvement.

Yes.

Also, there is some experience from the other direction: sometimes it has
happened that the chair talks with the IAOC and they come up with some
conclusion, but when he talks to the rest of us in an IESG meeting we bring up
additional points that may change the conclusion. So whether or not it is the
chair that is in the IAOC meeting, it is important that there is a discussion
with the rest of the body.

Jari