On 05/10/2011 10:38, D'Alessandro Alessandro Gerardo wrote:
> major unresolved technical concerns

Alessandro

Please can I suggest that you write an internet draft detailing
these "major unresolved technical concerns" so that we
can all understand them.

Such a draft needs to be technical, and describe the actions
that the network operator is unable to perform, or the fault
cases that they are unable to diagnose using the OAM defined
in the IETF RFCs, or late stage WG drafts.

Alternatively if you are referring to a bug in the MPLS-TP
OAM protocols, you need to tell the community what it is.

I believe that this request has been made  a number of
times, in various forums, and, as far as I know, no document
has yet been produced.

An argument of the form "you must standardize what I want"
will not fly. What is needed is a very clear technical definition
of the issue(s).

When we have the "major unresolved technical concerns"
on the table, we will be in a position to determine the best
disposition of those issues.

Stewart

--
For corporate legal information go to: