On 8/12/2012 9:02 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
It's true that this was not put into an Internet Draft.  Apart from
that, we seem to be doing the right thing: - The IAB Chair announced
the text and the intent to sign it on 1 Aug.

Two weeks is normal process for spontaneous consensus calls?

1 Aug to 24 Aug strikes me as nearly four weeks, not two.  If you want
to propose that Russ add four more days, I'm sure your suggestion
would be considered.  You don't appear to be suggesting anything
constructive, though.

1.  You think 3 weeks is "nearly" 4?

2.  The "Last Call" was issued on 10 August, not 1 August.

Again, what's happening here is a form of 'let's ignore IETF process because this is such a wonderful cause'.

It is, indeed, a wonderful cause, but I don't recall our establishing rules that are to be applied only when we feel like it, or in varied manner that our management decides is sufficient.

He asked for comments.

No he didn't:

"He", being the IAB Chair on 1 Aug, as I said in my message, did:
<< The IAB, IESG, IEEE-SA and W3C have been developing an “Affirmation
of the Modern Global Standards Paradigm”.  Comments may be sent to
i...@iab.org. >>

It's always a bit disconcerting to see an AD misinterpret process details this way, especially when it requires changing the reference to something that wasn't a Last Call.

I any case, I recommend that you make specific, constructive
suggestions about what we *should* do at this point.  Vague criticism
that we're not doing it right are much less helpful, don't you think?

sigh.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker