On Aug 12, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

> If I interpret what you seem to be saying, it is that you care
> more for the micro-observance of IETF protocol, than
> taking steps to avoid Internet governance being
> transferred by government decree to a secretive
> agency of the UN that runs by government majority.
>
> Is that a correct assessments of your priorities?

Another possibility is that Dave simply wanted to start yet another process
discussion, and he thought this was the appropriate time and thread for it. A
corollary to Hanlon's razor is "never attribute to malice that which is
adequately explained by bureaucracy".

--Paul Hoffman, whose support for the proposal remains positive