On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:54 PM, Roberto Peon <grm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that the deadline serves any positive purpose so long as we keep
> all of the versions anyway.
> It certainly is annoying the way it is now and is disruptive to the
> development process rather than helpful for it.

Um, maybe.

Another way to look at it is that a deadline, any deadline, helps stop folk
procrastinating and actually *submit*.

Have a look at the number of submissions just before the cutoffs…

--
I had no shoes and wept.  Then I met a man who had no feet.  So I said, "Hey
man, got any shoes you're not using?"