Hi everybody,

I wanted to report a really annoying problem for mac users. I’m running Athena
on my laptop, on OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) with macports. I had to install also
quartzX11 to be able to plot data (without it, it couldn’t find the DISPLAY
value), but otherwise evrything went smoothly for a few days.
Then the first bug occured. I wasn’t able anymore to select any point on the
plotting area to do normalization, I had to set the value in the boxes instead.
It was annoying, but I could manage that. But now I have a much more disturbing
issue.
Athena once crashed, (in the terminal, it was sait « Terminated 15 »), and
every time I tried to launch it again, the same thing happens :
1) athena launch, a little bit longer than usual
2) a box appear to give me choice to recover data by importing it from autosave
or not
3) I can’t select anaything and the rainbow wheel of death appears.
After a few hours, nothing changes… and I have to terminate the programm
manually.

So I do some search on the internet and found thoses topics on the mailing
list, and I tried thoses solutions :
https://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg04539.html
<https://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg04539.html>
https://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit%40millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg04514.html
<https://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg04514.html>

I tried to find the autosave file : nothing
I tried to uninstall and reinstall macports : nothing
I tried to uninstall macports and install the demeter-devel : nothing
In demeter-devel, i tried to modify the athena.demeter_config file, by changing
the autosave prompt box value from true to false, and despite being admin on ma
mac, I’m not able to change antything in the file. So nothing works at this
moment.

I will try again other solutions, but I will gladly accept any kind of help to
solve my issues.

Thank you

ABBE J-Baptiste