Praveen, Thanks for bailing me out. I still maintain my notion that free software movement will be diluted if we try to take this out of the technology domain.
Anivar, I know you are bit pissed at my stand against your comments on Binnys K-mug post in Ilug cochin mailing list. I am sorry to say that there is no conspiracy involved and Binny is a core free software fan. I don't know whether you had a chance to meet him at the cochin stall. And I really hate the author of boycottnovell for having propagated a lie againt core free software fan. Apart from these two issues I hope we are friends. http://www.kenneyjacob.com Kenney Jacob On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Praveen A <[email protected]> wrote: > 2008/12/13 Anivar Aravind <[email protected]>: > > Are you sending Event posters to a guy who cant understand Free > > Software is a social movement? (kidding) > > Not many are aware of all the aspects of Free Software. We are all > learning through dialogues. Well we work together with people who does > not accept Free Software as a social movement, even after > understanding. In the community we don't have to agree on every thing > to work together. At least that is what I believe of course we have to > be careful about the compromises we do. > > "The road to freedom is a long road. It will take many steps and many > years to reach a world in which it is normal for software users to > have freedom. Some of these steps are hard, and require sacrifice. > Some steps become easier if we make compromises with people that have > different goals." > > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/compromise.html > > > -- > പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില് > <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call! > <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak? > (as seen on /.) > Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now! > http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign > > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ "Freedom is the only law". "Freedom Unplugged" http://www.ilug-tvm.org You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ilug-tvm" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
