On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 3:43 PM, onesimpleman <onesimple...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The Chennai ilug is running Drupal not mailman. (http://www.ilugc.in)

I am not speaking about the web site. Iknow that ILUGC hs a drupal web site.
But website is different from mailing list. The mailing list server is at
IIT Madras and the back end is mailman.
Whay it iss hosted in IIT madras has some historical reasons too. The
Chennai LUG was started by Dr.Prabhu Ramachandram (Now at IIT Bombay
[FOSSEE]) . He is an alumini of Aerospace Dept IIT Madras. So whay still the
the infrastructure for the miling list is provided by IIT Madras .
*There is difference between the LUG site and mailing list *

> If there is consensus among members I am happy to sponsor servers
> which are better than what Chennai is hosted in and set it up.

That is a great and happy news. I request all the members to comment on
this.

> If a few people volunteer we can transfer all the content in this
> group to the website

I think this is not required. Because google groups will provide unlimited
storage.
We need not bother about storage :-). Ans parallay it is obvious that the
solutions which posted in the list will be indexed and will get proper
attention in search results.

Inffact if all the members agrees we can host the new site in the server you
suggested and we can provide lots contents like books vedios and event
photos etcc thrugh the site

--
JAGANADH G