> >However, with introduction of sharepoint 2010, everyone is moving to .NET
> >and windows based development..  In my company (which is a fastest growing
> >MNC), most intranet sites are developed in .NET and recently, new sites
> are
> >consolidated under sharepoint..

I used .net for 2 years during my diploma education, I created three
projects on it, I worked visual studio 2003 and 2005 but what I can say that
it is good when u want to create a small application, actually it is buggy
and waste according to my opinion, where programmer will not be using there
brain.
If I want to create an collaboration application or an application server,
should I use .net?
I think, the answer is no...its the java or python which I should choose to
create such application.

I will continue this thread, sorry little busy now...

Arun sir, I m 100% satisfy by ur comment in Gnunify during KVM
trainging- These people has seen forest not tree.

Regards
Subhojit Ojha