On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Roshan George <ros...@arjie.com> wrote:
> Your friends need VLC and they don't know it. You _must_ help them!

Oh yes, one of them has still stuck with Ubuntu after I installed VLC
for her. So I did :)

Many don't have internet access, and apt offline is not the easiest
thing in the world for them to use. And even if they *do* have, they
seem to prefer something a web interface (ala download.com) rather
than Synaptic (which's problem is, I think, too many packages). I've
helped about 7 friends install Linux, and except 1 nobody has stuck
with it (even after getting multimedia to work)

Ubuntu Software Center is a step in the right direction. But the
problem is, once they're bitten by a bad experience, they are
extremely reluctant to try Linux again.

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog