This is interesting, I had this question for a while ?

I am not sure what the exact redhat licenses and protection is ? Are the
cd's protected, ???

Redhat, it seems,  takes money not for the software but for the setting
up, maintenance and updates.

So what is to prevent any one from redistributing a) the Redhat itself
and b) the updates when they come

and if they so have such strong anti copying mechanisms what makes them
different from Microsoft ?

ram