On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:52:07 +0530
Angad Singh <an...@angadsingh.in> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a very simple point to make here. I respect the opinions
> of Raj, Gora, and all others, but my only point is that: Why do
> we need to have an argumentative battle on this topic every time
> someone spams the list.
[...]

You are right. I had proposed what is done on another list:
(a) Moderation of the first post ever made by any subscriber
(b) First act of spamming means automatically being put on
    moderation. The user may be taken out of moderation at
    the discretion of the moderator.
However, this will add up to a fair amount of work, and I am
not volunteering to do this.

In the absence of a policy, I do feel that objections should be
raised, at least occasionally, so that people are aware that this
is unacceptable.

Regards,
Gora