On 12/24/10, Aman Thakur <aman.thakur.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rakesh,
>
> I agree with the Mahesh in his both the above messages. I think there should
> be a different /home partition.
I don't think she would probably have different /home partition.

 And for fixing your broken ubuntu system,
> you should try to go in rescue mode and reinstall the grub. If unsuccessfull
> then try to goto into the grub command line fix it as mahesh said above....
We already tried to solve it through grub command line but didn't work..

> But i am not sure whether it works out for you or not. Since problem came
> during update, so it might a problem of broken packages. So try fixing grub
> first then let us know the output......so that we can have more idea of the
> problem.
Now i think it might be a bug or some thing else (like broken package
etc). Because while searching on internet, similar type of results
were shown to me. Few of them have solved it but most of them couldn't
and so many people have reported the same problem. I have always been
updating and upgrading my ubuntu (any version except 10.04) so
suggested her to do same. Might be she wouldn't have read the
instructions carefully.

> Regards
> Aman Thakur

Regards
RAKESH
"Allow Your Own Inner Light to Guide You"