Rakesh Kumar said on Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 12:38:45PM +0530,:

 > We already tried to solve it through grub command line but didn't
 > work..

What did you do? Explaining that may help. Is this an ext4 partition?
Is the issue related to inability of certain versions of grub to load
ext4 partitions?

If so, installing the relevant module from grub command line may help.

I faintly recall breaking this system when I encountered that problem,
and none of the rescue CDs I had could support ext4. Was forced to do
a reinstall, first one in a loooooong time!!

Have you checked that?

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com
Distributing free copies of non-free software is --