Hi,

ru sure  /etc/fstab  have an entries like these:

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660,noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0
0

and

/dev/fd0   /mnt/floppy  noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

and make sure these files (/dev/cdrom, /dev/fd0,
/mnt/fd0,/mnt/cdrom)exists.

if this is the case then moment you double click on
the cdrom or floppy icon, they will get mounted
automatically.

regards,
sudhir

--- "D.Venkatasubramanian, Noida"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > The drives are OK
and work perfectly under Win98.