Hi All,

Here is the output from various commands.
The /etc/fstab file. The mount process just hangs.

Could someone throw some light on this, I am trying
to mount a FAT floppy.

Mine is a RedHat 7.2 system, but I am using ext3 file
system for /. I had converted to ext3fs from ext2fs
more than six months back.

Regards,

Venky

[root@localhost root]# mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

----Here the shell process has hanged. I am using another
----shell for the other outputs.

[root@localhost root]# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda8               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0
0
/dev/hda5       /D      vfat     exec,dev,suid,rw 0 0
/dev/hda11      /H      vfat     exec,dev,suid,rw 0 0
/dev/hda1       /C      vfat     exec,dev,suid,rw 0 0
/dev/hda6       /E      vfat     exec,dev,suid,rw 0 0
/dev/hda9       /F      vfat     exec,dev,suid,rw 0 0
/dev/hda10      /G      vfat     exec,dev,suid,rw 0 0
[root@localhost root]#ps -ax

---snip

 1087 pts/1    D      0:00 mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

---snip

[root@localhost root]# kill -9 1087
You have mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root@localhost root]# ps -ax

---snip

1087 pts/1    D      0:00 mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

--snip

[root@localhost root]# ls /mnt/
cdrom  floppy  floppy.directory

[root@localhost root]# whoami