ambar has tackled issues related to technicalities in your email quite well,
tarun.

some other stuff:

[snip]
Heck! Adobe Acrobat produces the best quality PDF's with a
> variety of proprietary formats because of probably its knowing the
> format from which it is converting to PDF "protected" by NDA's between
> "Original Software's Manufacturer".I am sure in future better print
> quality PDF generation should be possible from open document formats by
> open source PDF generators created as plugins (using as back-end
> publishing systems already available on Linux) for "Original Open
> Softwares" the same as Adobe creates plugin's for the "Original
> -Proprietory- Softwares".

yup! incidentally, adobe recently created yet another flavour of PDF. from
photoshop and illustrator, you can natively save a file as a PDF that acrobat
reader will display correctly and print correclty. but open the file again in
photoshop and illustrator, and all the layers, objects, warts and all, are
there, as if it is a *native* photoshop or illustrator file. this file format
is called PDP but acrobat reader understands and renders it as a PDF. do note
that as far as i know, the native photoshop file format, PSD, is not really
open and published.

so there!

PDF is a file format that has become a standard much like *.DOC. the world
can always accommodate several standards. i have always shied away from
one-fileformat-fits-all and chuck every other one out. its splendid to have
several 'standard' file formats and to interchange seamlessly between them.

PDF is here to stay. Google's search engine further endorses this. the
gnu/linux community wholeheartedly supports the PDF fileformat in several of
its apps and server utilities and libraries. Apple has made it one of its
native file formats in Mac OS X. and they don't have to pay a royalty to
adobe to allow people to create a PDF.

i look forward to the day when the next distro of gnuLinux, supports PDF as a
native format in *all* relevant applications through a simple 'save' command.
especially OpenOffice, GIMP, etc.

:-)
LL