Title: Re: Can't print a PDF...
At 11:53 AM -0500 12/4/2010, William Spencer wrote:
IMac Core Duo 1.83 ghz/1 g RAM/Snow Leopard

For some reason I cannot print a PDF (on the second machine listed below) from Acrobat Reader to the Laserwriter on the minimal network. The print dialogue shows the file spooling to the printer, the green light on the printer starts blinking, then everything resets as though the job is done...but nothing actually printed. I can print everything else to it (web pages, documents, etc.), and I can print PDFs to a direct-connected inkjet printer. This has just started happening in maybe the past month or so.

Check your console log for error messages.

Try printing from Preview.

Uninstall that abomination, er Adobe Reader, and try a much older version.

...I've had all sorts of problems like this with recent versions of Reader.  @#$% crapware.  My fav now is tax forms that print fine from Preview but crash Reader...

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.