> On Apr 24, 2015, at 10:24 AM, Brandon Nichols <brandonnicho...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Would not recommend the Mac-Mini. It is really under powered and it is
> believed to be in the beginning stages af a phase out by Apple
>

>From personal experience the ‘under-powered’ thing is simply not true (with
>the caveat that the basic HDD is teh suzxx0r and REALLY needs to be an SSD),
>and the last time I saw the second point was just before Apple refreshed the
>lineup, because ‘Apple hasn’t updated the mini in a while’. The delay was
>predominately due not to Apple’ but Intel’s inability to get the Haswell
>chipset out in time. You’ll notice Apple’s pushed out a bunch of new and
>improved systems since then.

Bill’s $1250 budget is the limiting factor here; he can get a lot more computer
for that money out of a Mini than an iMac.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.