You know... I've been reporting this Robert Allen knucklehead for some time now (to the FCC) and it seems the Federal Gov may have other fish to fry than care about proper internet etiquette (opt outs being honored etc) , even if it's their own laws. Is anyone else getting overwhelms by Robert Allen emails that not even MessageSniffer cares enough to write a rule to block?

On Dec 19, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Bruce Barnes wrote:

If you go and look at the Federal anti-spam laws they succinctly state that anyone having a PRIOR RELATIONSHIP with a customer may contact them in any
manner - without prior permission and it is not spamming.

I do not agree with it, but if they have had any kind of contact with the
company, made a purchase, filled out a form giving them their e-mail
address, ect, they can be legitimately placed on an e-mail list.

Note, too, that if they request such, the must be immediately removed UNLESS they have made a purchase from the source of the e-mail in which case the request can be legally ignored for a period of six months from the date of
the purchase.

________________________________

From: imail_forum-ow...@list.ipswitch.com
[mailto:imail_forum-ow...@list.ipswitch.com] On Behalf Of Adam Greene
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 15:45
To: Imail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] Clients want to send mass emails

Hey all,

Revisiting this topic ... one of our clients wants to be able to send emails out to people who have not explicitly opted in to receive their mailings. Most mass emailing companies I'm aware of require opt-in and in particular don't allow emails to be sent to a list of purchased email addresses. I can understand why -- who needs more spam? I guess my question is ... how does a company legitimately get their name and product out there without turning into a spammer? Is anyone aware of mass emailing companies or even a direct
marketing company that uses legitimate means to do this, or what those
legitimate means are?

Maybe semi-OT for this list ...

Adam