Grüezi,

Im running Debian 6.0.7 with mysql 5.1.66, imdbpy 4.6.0 and sqlalchemy
0.6.3 (tried sqlobject first, but that gave me the same error). I
downloaded the IMDb plain text data files from April 5th.When I do

imdbpy2sql.py -d <PATH TO MY FILES> -u <MYSQL URI>

Then the script starts to import data into my DB, but after some time it
terminates with a Segmentation fault. The last lines that are outputed are:

SCANNING actor: Winter, Michael (VIII)
SCANNING actor: Witch, Raymond
 * FLUSHING SQLData...
SCANNING actor: Wogan, Terry
 * FLUSHING CharactersCache...

Before the crash, the python script uses 45.7 %MEM according to top. My
machine has 2 GB of RAM, a Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz, and runs
Linux 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64.

Any idea what could be wrong here and more important: Any tips how I can
work around that seg fault?

Any input welcome, even a plain ole RTFM, as long as you point out which
doc to read more carefully... :-)

Thanks
Stef