Hi Davide,

Thanks a lot for your swift response!

I tried with both the default and the stable branch of imdbpy. Both stop
with the following error when trying to do "./setup.py install" as root:

This script requires setuptools version 0.6c11 to run (even to display
help).  I will attempt to download it for you (from
http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/s/setuptools/), but
you may need to enable firewall access for this script first.
I will start the download in 15 seconds.

(Note: if this machine does not have network access, please obtain the file

http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg

and place it in this directory before rerunning this script.)
Downloading
http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg
Created locale for: en tr it.
/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py:266: UserWarning: Unknown distribution
option: 'zip_safe'
  warnings.warn(msg)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 220, in <module>
    setuptools.setup(**params)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/core.py", line 138, in setup
    ok = dist.parse_command_line()
  File
"/home/stef/imdb/imdbpy.stable/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg/setuptools/dist.py",
line 273, in parse_command_line
  File
"/home/stef/imdb/imdbpy.stable/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg/setuptools/dist.py",
line 377, in _finalize_features
  File
"/home/stef/imdb/imdbpy.stable/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg/setuptools/dist.py",
line 796, in include_in
  File
"/home/stef/imdb/imdbpy.stable/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg/setuptools/dist.py",
line 450, in include
  File
"/home/stef/imdb/imdbpy.stable/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg/setuptools/dist.py",
line 523, in _include_misc
distutils.errors.DistutilsSetupError: install_requires: No such
distribution setting

Regards
Stef