Andre Grueneberg wrote:
> Chedli Ghedira wrote:
>   
>> First question : Can these informations be imported into OpenStreetMap ?
>>     
>
> My first guess: No.
> Quote from http://gadm.org:
> "This dataset is freely available for academic and other non-commercial
> use. Redistribution, or commercial use, is not allowed without prior
> permission."
>
> I checked some other countries. They also have data, copied from
> official websites. They are missing the original licence terms and even
> the required attribution.
>
> So taking any data from their site seems to be out of question.
>  
I had a quick evaluation of the gadm data some time ago, and I agree
with your analysis in terms of use: it cannot be used for OSM. However,
it seems that this clause is due to the Australian data being present
when you look at their sources. Most of the data is coming from the UN,
some free and libre some just free.

Emilie Laffray

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
Imports mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports

Reply via email to