> I imagine some companies have a shape file, but others will just > have addresses and not have Lat/Lon. Is there a geocoder we are > allowed to use? Perhaps we need to wait till we can geocode > addresses ourselves? Perhaps we cannot even use their lat/lon if > they have them because they may come from a geocoder we can't use.
I would suggest making sure any import is accurately geocoded before bringing it in. I found "doityourself" store chain nodes from a partial or national import. The ones I have seen were dozens of meters from the actual store location. I believe this is a good idea for those stores which have accurate geocoding information, and they can provide data compatible with the OSM license. The stores should be motivated to release data because it improves their brand exposure. _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
