On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Marcus Wolschon <[email protected]> wrote: > Let´s create something that works for the general case of addresses > we have mapped ourself and make optimisations for cases where we can > utilize third party data AFTER that is done.
I've got a better idea. I'll make a great map of where I live, using whatever resources I have available, and you can make a great map of where you live, using whatever resources you have available, and then we can combine them together into One Map To Rule Them All! If I can map every McDonald's in Tampa using a list of addresses (legally obtained from McDonald's Corporation), TIGER, and Yahoo's aerials, I'm not going to let you stop me just because you can't do the same thing where you live, or worse, because you want to reward people for wasting their time and energy surveying things that don't need to be surveyed. I don't know about you, but I'm much more motivated when I'm doing work the most efficient way possible. If I know that there's a much more efficient way to accomplish the same task, that's only going to demotivate me. And it's pretty much the opposite of the philosophy of the project. If I wanted to do things the most inefficient way possible, I'd go get a job for some megacorporation and get paid big bucks, not contribute to an open collaborative project. _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
