On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Marcus Wolschon <[email protected]> wrote: > I`m not stopping you. I`m just delaying until you had the time to > read up on what you are dealing with because it´s not as simple as > you make it sound. > Please read the discussion regarding tiger-addresses on the talk-list. > Your McDonalds will be in the right block but not a single one will be > in the place in that block where the McDonalds actually is.
Look, you don't seem to have read what I said. I know the node won't be in the right place. But I can usually recognize a McDonald's from an aerial photograph, so I can put the node in the right place. If there is already one there, then I won't add a new one at all, I'll just tag the old one (or leave it as is, if it's correct). If I can't see the McDonald's from the aerial photo, I won't import the node. > This is not about efficiency but about not adding information that is > highly incorrect without reviewing it. This email is what is highly incorrect. Every email I have sent to this thread has reiterated that I believe the data should be reviewed before importing it. I am well aware of how accurate TIGER addresses are, and I am 100% in agreement that they are not accurate enough to import automatically. Please, review the messages you are responding to before importing your response. I'm sorry if you find this rude, but I don't like to repeat myself four times. _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
