Hi,
On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Paul Norman <[email protected]> wrote: > **1. **You need to have a wiki page and list the data source on the > import catalogue > Yes, I will do that. > **** > > **2. **What is the license that this data is under? I did not see a > copyright statement. > This is basically PD data from the government. under the open data act the only restriction is that the http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/Chapter_45/Article_2/#45-216 > **** > > **3. **What tagging are you proposing? > addr:* and landuse the only additional tag are the four detailed landuse tags eg lbcs:activity:code {1100=1} lbcs:activity:name {Household activities=1} lbcs:function:code {1170=1} lbcs:function:name {Garden apartment complex (1=1} These codes are details on how the lot is zoned. otherwise I am using this information for fixing the street names and zip codes. > **** > > **4. **The last few times someone has proposed importing property > lot data the consensus has been that that type of data shouldn’t be > imported into OSM. Why is this different? > I am importing the plots for zipcode, house number and address data. It is being used to tag the buildings, it can be deleted when it has been totally processed. > **** > > **5. **The consultation should have been done before the import. > What do you propose doing with the data you’ve already imported? > I am processing the whole city, I will be reviewing it. you can delete it all. I have done only limited imports of sample streets and I am working on checking the results manually. Basically I am going in street for street and checking them. > **** > > ** ** > > I’ve cc’ed imports@ because they also need to be part of the consultation. > **** > > ** ** > > *From:* Mike Dupont [mailto:[email protected]] > *Sent:* Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:05 AM > *To:* [email protected]; Paul Norman > *Subject:* [Talk-us] shawnee county landuse**** > > ** ** > > Hi, > Paul Norman pointed out that I forgot to mail people about my work on > topeka. I have recently moved here and have been working on fixing things > up. > > I am working on the topekabikelanes.org as a volunteer and have put in > all the bikelanes as proposed routes. > > I am using the county gis system http://gis.snco.us/publicgis/ps/ and > have written a ruby script to pull out the house numbers and land useage > data. This data is being check street by street by me personally and I am > repairing bad names and tiger garbage. > > About a separate account, I dont know how I am going to easily manage > that, anyone have an idea to do that in josm? In any case i am not mass > importing, but doing street by street what I would be doing manually. > > please advise if there is anything else you need to know. > > code is here : > https://github.com/h4ck3rm1k3/shawnee-county-osm-landuse > > thanks, > mike > > -- > James Michael DuPont > Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org > Saving wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion > http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com > Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org > Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3 > Free Software Foundation Europe Fellow http://fsfe.org/support/?h4ck3rm1k3 > **** > -- James Michael DuPont Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org Saving wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3 Free Software Foundation Europe Fellow http://fsfe.org/support/?h4ck3rm1k3
_______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
