Sorry, I did not finish that. I have already written to legal about it. Trulia and Zillow are using this data in full. I have stripped out all personal and contact information so I think that it should not fall under the no selling of contact info clause. The data is basically PD/ disclaimed http://www.snco.us/Ap/B_prop/Disclaimer.shtm
the relevant law is : Kansas Open Records Act Statement By accessing this site, you are required to make the following certification pursuant to K.S.A. 45-220(c)(2): "the requester does not intend to, and will not: (A) Use any list of names or addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the purpose of selling or offering for sale any property or service to any person listed or to any person who resides at any address listed; or (B) sell, give or otherwise make available to any person any list of names or addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the purpose of allowing that person to sell or offer for sale any property or service to any person listed or to any person who resides at any address listed." maybe you could say that you can use osm to create an address db, but i think we should look into it mike On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Mike Dupont <[email protected] > wrote: > 2. **What is the license that this data is under? I did not see a >> copyright statement. >> > This is basically PD data from the government. under the open data act the > only restriction is that the > http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/Chapter_45/Article_2/#45-216 > -- James Michael DuPont Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org Saving wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3 Free Software Foundation Europe Fellow http://fsfe.org/support/?h4ck3rm1k3
_______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
