If it's unknown, it's better to omit the tag alltogether. If one of the
importers does happen to know, it's easy to add it again on an individual
basis.

Jo


2014/1/9 Rafael Avila Coya <[email protected]>

> Hi Séverin and all:
>
> I agree with Frederik about the use of addr:full instead of the
> boundary_admin_levelX_name tags  (I would change "CAR" at the end of the
> full address for "République centrafricaine" or "Central African
> Republic"). I think it's a smarter solution: 1 tag instead of 3, and a
> tag that is fully accepted by all.
>
> I wonder if the data available at this time through the HOT task manager
> will be changed or not to incorporate these changes to the import. In
> case you change the data for the rest of the import process, I would add
> some improvements that I already suggested in past emails, so we avoid
> having to correct them afterwards (in case we want):
>
> 1) Some schools have the 'capacity:classrooms', 'capacity:pupils' and
> 'capacity:teachers' with value "0". I would set it better to "unknown"
> value, as it makes more sense (for the capacity:classrooms one at least,
> as there is surely no school without any classroom in it).
>
> 2) I find operator=yes/no not appropiate. As we read in the key:operator
> wiki ( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:operator ), "the operator
> tag is used to name a company, corporation, person or any other entity
> who is in charge of the operation of a certain map object". But "yes" or
> "no" aren't any entity themselves. I think it would be more appropiate
> to change it to operated=yes/no, maintained=yes/no, manned=yes/no or
> something similar. I would suggest the tagged "maintained". The only
> issue: these tags are not widely accepted tags, as it is the operator tag.
>
> 3) Again, in case the data is updated to incorporate the changes for
> this import, I would correct the following typos for the health
> facilities import:
>
> operator:type instead of operator_type
> toilets:number instead of toilets_number
> capacity:beds instead of capacity_beds
> health_facility:type instead of health_facility_type
> addr:city instead of addr_city
>
> I know we can correct that with a script or by hand afterwards, but what
> if, in the mean time, somebody makes and improvement like tracing the
> area of the hospital, copy/pasting the data from the hospital node to
> the new area or relation and deleting the node? The same would be true
> for schools (much less probable for water facilities).
>
> Rafael.
>
> On 09/01/14 02:07, Jo wrote:
> > If there is data in your source that you want to pass on to the people
> > who are going to import/integrate it into Openstreetmap, you can use
> > tags like
> >
> > odbl
> > created_by
> >
> > and such. These are tags which JOSM will silently remove before
> > uploading the data. So they will not end up in the OSM DB, but your crew
> > has them available to do cross checks.
> >
> > You can use MAPCSS to make them visible more prominently during your
> > edit session.
> >
> > I hope this helps. (Maybe JOSM could be expanded to have tags dedicated
> > for this purpose, say an import: namespace and maybe it would be a good
> > idea to be able to tag objects with upload=no, so JOSM refuses to upload
> > them when they have not been verified. But that's for another mailing
> > list...)
> >
> > Jo
> >
> >
> > 2014/1/9 Frederik Ramm <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]
> >>
> >
> >     Sev,
> >
> >        I don't see big issues with your proposed import. The page on
> schools
> >     has a tag value of "uncomplete" where I'd guess that "incomplete"
> would
> >     be a better term but I'm not a subject matter expert.
> >
> >     What strikes me that in your explanation, you seem to ask for special
> >     treatment because "this is for humanitarian purposes" - quotes:
> >
> >     On 08.01.2014 23:34, Severin MENARD wrote:
> >     > Please keep in mind it deals with humanitarian data in a big crisis
> >     > context, so it is important to have the possibility to cross
> checked
> >     > facilities incorrectly located
> >
> >     ...
> >
> >     > therefore it is a very light dataset and adding a few tags really
> >     > useful for data control, considering its humanitarian ground,
> >     would only
> >     > represent a few more Kb.
> >
> >     You seem to be of the opinion that because this is "humanitarian" we
> >     should be lenient - but I think the opposite is the case. As HOT - a
> >     group of people who have been doing various imports for a long time
> and
> >     will doubtlessly continue to do so - you have to be a shining
> example to
> >     everyone else. You, of all people, are expected to "do things right",
> >     and other people will look at your imports and say: If people who do
> so
> >     many imports do <X> then it must be the right thing to do. You've
> >     already done a very good job at documenting the import procedure on
> the
> >     Wiki (this is indeed a very good example to others).
> >
> >     That's why I'm happy that you're starting this discussion just like
> we'd
> >     expect from anyone else making an import.
> >
> >     The two issues you mention in your email, source tag on every object
> and
> >     named admin units tagged with every object, are indeed unusual.
> >
> >     The problem with source tags is that they only tell part of the
> truth -
> >     if you import a hospital from UNICEF and someone later changes it
> then
> >     they will likely forget to remove or amend the source tag. A source
> tag
> >     on the changeset makes this more clear.
> >
> >     I understand your admin level explanation but I don't think it is
> >     sufficient reason for adding the highly unusual three "is-in" type of
> >     tags that you are proposing. I wonder how addresses in CAR are
> >     constructed - is it possible that the correct postal address for a
> >     location like that might be "XYZ Hospital, Adminarea 3, Adminarea 2,
> >     Adminarea 1, CAR" or so? In which case a potential compromise could
> be
> >     using the addr:full tag (Wiki: "Use this for a full-text, often
> >     multi-line, address if you find the structured address fields
> unsuitable
> >     for denoting the address of this particular location.").
> >
> >     Lastly, I too think the "fixme" should be dropped, because doing an
> >     import with "fixme" tags gives the impression that it is ok to import
> >     half-baked data for others to fix - something we're doing everything
> to
> >     avoid, and your documented import procedure makes it clear enough
> that
> >     you expect importing users to curate the data as required.
> >
> >     Bye
> >     Frederik
> >
> >     --
> >     Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [email protected]
> >     <mailto:[email protected]>  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"
> >
> >     _______________________________________________
> >     Imports mailing list
> >     [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
> >     https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Imports mailing list
> > [email protected]
> > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
> >
>
> --
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya
>
> --------------------------------
>
> Por favor, non me envíe documentos con extensións .doc, .docx, .xls,
> .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.
>
> Atendendo á lexislación vixente, empregue formatos estándares e abertos.
>
> http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument#Tipos_de_ficheros
>
> _______________________________________________
> Imports mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
>
_______________________________________________
Imports mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports

Reply via email to