Hi Ilya,

Am 28.03.2018 um 22:17 schrieb Ilya Zverev:
> Thanks for you comments on the last iteration. I have also seen local
> discussions in french and german communities, with strong voices towards
> rejecting the import in their countries. So I ask you to consider the
> next iteration.

The German community discussed your import on the Talk-de mailing list
and the German forum.
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-de/2018-March/114737.html
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=61809

German POI data is not complete and will never be complete. We welcome
help to improve the POI data in Germany. However, the quality of data to
be imported has to be much better than dataset being provided. That's
why almost all users who participated in discussions on the Talk-de
mailing list and the German OSM Forum oppose this import.

Providing a list or a diff between the Navads dataset and OSM is
welcomed and will help us to improve our work without increasing the
burden for the manager of the import to invest more work into fixing all
the errors of the data and the software.

The details reported by various users:

Wrong entries
=============
The import wants to add test data to OSM:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS265_376650
addr:postcode=10178 [that's in Berlin]
amenity=fuel
brand=Blablabla
phone=+49 6058 96709 [dialling code for the areas around Frankfurt/Main
and Mannheim]
ref:navads=NVDS265_376650
reported by kartonage at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691848#p691848

The import wants to add gas stations at locations where only the offices
of companies are located (Sponholzstraße 31, 12159 Berlin). This seems
to be a residential building.
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS265_101811
addr:postcod=12159
amenity=fuel
brand=H.-G. Meinecke
opening_hours=Mo-Fr 08:00-17:00
phone=+49 30 8598630
ref:navads=NVDS265_101811
reported by kartonage at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691848#p691848

The import wants to add fuel storage tank facilities as gas stations.
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS265_520220 (Adolf ROTH GmbH
& Co. KG in Aschaffenburg Harbour)
reported by Maskulinum at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691875#p691875

The import wants to add a restaurant as a gas station. User Maskulinum
assumes that there might be a gas station about 100 metres away.
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS265_520496 (ROTH Energie at
Industriestraße 4, Stockstadt am Main)
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691875#p691875

User !i! writes that the import wants to add three new gas stations in
Rostock although there is not any gas station at that location (and has
never been there).
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692539#p692539

Wrong location for new gas stations
===================================
If the import adds a new gas station, it usually sets the node to the
location of the shop. If the gas station belongs to a large supermarket
(e.g. Intermarché in France
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS346_54a1ba8f9826bf65d6a32489),
the node will be set into the middle of the supermarket!
reported by DD1GJ at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691912#p691912

Postal codes
============
Don't add addr:postcode=* if that is the only address tag to be added.
[Postal codes are mapped as boundary relations in Germany and
addr:postcode=* is *sometimes* used in addition.]
reported by Basstoelpel at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691681#p691681 and by
Prince Kassad at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691683#p691683

Opening hours
=============
The import deletes PH values from opening_hours=*.
reported by kreuzschnabel at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691688#p691688 and by
Yokr at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691813#p691813

The opening hours to be imported seem to be wrong in more than one case.
User Prince Kassad writes that he mapped the opening hours of the
following station recently and he does not believe that the opening
hours have changed again: https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1784969657
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691734#p691734

Opening hours of the import and the Aral website are different:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS114_20002600DE1
reported by aixbrick at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691757#p691757

The import sets opening_hours=24/7 for many Avia stations but the Avia
website claims they are not open 24/7.
reported by Harald Hartmann at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691832#p691832

Other users confirm that the data to be imported does not match the reality.
reported by seichter at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691860#p691860 (no
examples given)

Other examples:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS126_2181 (way 124656455)
reported by Maskulinum at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691875#p691875

http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS126_1516 (way 228229916)
reported by Klumbumbus at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691878#p691878

http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS126_2205 (node 171592401)
reported by DD1GJ at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692919#p692919

http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS126_3237 (way 209654684)
website: Mo-Fr 07:00-18:00; Sa 08:00-14:00; Su 00:00-24:00
asked by phone: shop Mo-Fr 07:00-18:00; Sa 08:00-14:00 (vending machine
24/7)
import: Mo-We,Fr-Su 00:00-24:00; Th 07:00-18:00
reported by DD1GJ at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692919#p692919

streckenkundler reports that the opening hours of at least one Shell
station are wrong. The import wants to replace "Mo-Fr 05:00-23:00; Sa
06:00-22:00; Su 07:00-22:00" at the Shell station in Berliner Chaussee,
Lübben (Spreewald) by 24/7.
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS353_10026605
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691867#p691867

Wrong matches
=============
Several users reported many wrong matches. Examples:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS158_2109
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS114_18126000DE1
reported by dooley at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691691#p691691

Non-public gas stations
=======================
The import adds many Avia gas stations which are not (or don't seem to
be) open to the public.
reported by Protoxenus at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691727#p691727

http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS126_3043
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS126_3243
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS126_3042
reported by Falk Zscheile at
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-de/2018-March/114745.html

If a gas station is added to OSM, you should double-check if it exists
already. Just searching for amenity=fuel is not sufficient. Example:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS353_10025258
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/285418589
reported by glglgl at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691731#p691731

Proprietary reference numbers
=============================
Many users oppose the addition of rev:navads=*. It is a proprietary
reference number which is neither used by the operators/brands of the
gas stations nor know to the public. In addition, it is impossible to
check if it is correct.

critized by rurseekatze at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691732#p691732

critized by glglgl at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691741#p691741

critized by hsimpson at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692075#p692075 and
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692083#p692083

critized by seichter at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691746#p691746

streckenkundler: only ok if the Navads database is public accessible
(https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691867#p691867)

MKnight: no optimal idea but useful to find the edits of the import
(https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692079#p692079)

Data is too old to be imported
==============================
The data to be imported is too old. The import would modify brand=* tags
but people point out many cases where gas stations changed their brand
in the past (even many years ago) but the import would overwrite that
change with the old brand name.

Total website claims that it is their station:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS114_13146600DE1
Aral website does not know this station:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS114_28626700DE1
reported by highflyer74 at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691757#p691757

This Aral station became a Shell station a few months ago:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS114_20036900DE1
reported by aixbrick at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691757#p691757

This was a Total station and became an Esso station five years ago but
the import wants to set brand=Aral.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/33677178 In addition, the postal code
being imported is wrong.
reported by DD1GJ at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691912#p691912

Aral station became Shell, import wants to revert that:
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS114_20036900DE1 (way 180629116)
reported by hsimpson at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692074#p692074

Wrong phone numbers
===========================
The phone numbers to be added are sometimes the country-wide service
phone numbers, not the phone numbers of the gas station itself.
reported by Skinfaxi at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692354#p692354 [I am
not sure if that refers to gas stations in Sweden]

Quality of the coordinates
==========================
The coordinates in the dataset provided by Navads are not suitable for
an automated import.
Example: http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS402_014
reported by highflyer74 at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691744#p691744

http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/e9dcf0e6_d404_405c_9061_9091e742b3a6
reported by Rainer at
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-de/2018-March/114738.html

There is no gas station (it is a point on a road):
http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS114_27007300DE1
reported by Falk Zscheile at
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-de/2018-March/114745.html

Unnecessary changes of spelling
===============================
You should not modify the brand=* tag if a case insensitive string
comparison returns true.
brand=AVIA → brand=Avia http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/navads_fuel/NVDS126_1179
reported by Harald Hartmann at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691827#p691827

Formatting of phone numbers
===========================
The formatting of phone numbers is not perfect. A user complained about
a gas station in Eastern Germany: 036797 22097 (avia) vs. +49 3679
722097 (navads) The 7 belongs to the dialling code.
(reported by Harald Hartmann at
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691835#p691835)

Miscellaneous
=============
Protoxenus criticizes that the date of the Navads dataset is unknown.
(https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692184#p692184)

ankro70 thinks that the import is of low value. Some really important
properties of gas stations (types of fuel being sold, payment methods)
are not modified. He has the impression that the main intention is to
import the gas stations into OSM. Adding postal codes and phone numbers
are just accessories to make the import not look so boring and loveless.
(https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692222#p692222)

Other countries mentioned in the discussions
Simon Poole points out that many of the reported errors also exist in
Switzerland. In addition, many gas stations in Switzerland have two
different opening hours — one for the shop and 24/7 if you pay by debit
card or credit card at a vending machine.
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=691866#p691866

User mapa mundi writes that the opening hours of 3 of 10 checked gas
stations in Austria are wrong.
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=692461#p692461

Best regards

Michael