Nicolas Williams wrote:
The first thing to settle in the /opt debate is: what are the rules for
OpenSolaris?  So far we have Shawn's opinion, but we don't know that
it's authoritative.  Third parties can reasonably think that they have a
pressing need to resolve that issue.  Then we can leisurely debate what

I never claimed my opinion was authoritative. I'll just simply say that you will find more software moving to /usr, and I certainly intend for any packages I ever port to deliver there as well. As I said before, the serendipitous discovery cases are all the justification I need.

--
Shawn Walker