Dear Friends,

We move in to our 50th Walk in this month………You  and us, together, months
after months, seasons after seasons, have glided  through the green
corridors of Mumbai…….like the historic & heritage Rani Bagh……..where we
covered almost all the 270 species…….touched, hugged, admired such majestic
& grand old trees of Kusum, Shivan, Baobab, Cajuput……. could not take off
our eyes from the flowering of Amherstia nobilis, Sita ashok, Kailashpati,
Sundari.

 We learned the difference between Cactus & Euphorbia in Sagar Upavan….some
of us tasted for the 1st time, the flowers of Mahua……..saw the elusive &
shy fruits of Chukarassy …….fruits of Strychnos nux vomica reminded us that
Strychnine from  it was the favorite weapon of choice of Agatha Christie’s
numerous murders in her novels……….in Colaba Woods, we walked through the
groves of Amaltas, Tabebuia…………then we opened another chapter in our
Walk……Healing Plants (medicinal plants) of Maharashtra Nature Park
……...followed by the discovery of large number of Palms in Heritage Garden
in Hiranadani……….Comes monsoon and we saw the magic transformation of
forest floor of SGNP with ephemerals…………we covered herbs, shrubs, climber,
trees…& insects of Silonda, Malad, Stream & Gupha trails.

We come to the edge..…… to the Mangrove of Mumbai…….some time called the
‘bioshields’……..the botanical amphibians…..the palisade…….the master
survival on salty ground……..yes friends we take a Walk through the
mangroves of Bhandup Pumping station on Eastern Express Highway on 25th May
at 7.00 am…..we request you all to join us for our 50th Walk…….

Venue: Bhandup Pumping Station

Time: 7.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.

Meeting Point: Bhandup Pumping Station BEST stop on the EE highway.

How to reach: Bhandup pumping station is located very close to the Mulund /
Airoli bridge junction. Those traveling via Powai from the western side
take the flyover to the EE Highway and turn left towards Mulund. At the
Airoli Junction signal, take a U turn, under the flyover and stop at the
BEST Stop on the EE highway. Those driving from the central side (VT side),
drive right upto Airoli Signal Junction and take a U turn at the signal.
You can also take a bus from Kanjur to Airoli Junction or from Mulund to
Bhandup Pumping Station bus stop.

Caution….!!!

Please carry plenty of water, wear cap, apply sun screen, shoes must..……its
very hot & humid.

We will be sending later the list of the plants which we will be showing
during our Walk.

Hope to see you all,

Cheers,

TAW Team