Congrat, TAW team for this 50th walk.
It's simply great.
Kudos for your efforts, Rennee ji & Usha ji & others.

On 18 May 2014 10:20, renee vyas Vyas <reneevy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> We move in to our 50th Walk in this month………You  and us, together, months
> after months, seasons after seasons, have glided  through the green
> corridors of Mumbai…….like the historic & heritage Rani Bagh……..where we
> covered almost all the 270 species…….touched, hugged, admired such majestic
> & grand old trees of Kusum, Shivan, Baobab, Cajuput……. could not take off
> our eyes from the flowering of Amherstia nobilis, Sita ashok, Kailashpati,
> Sundari.
>
>  We learned the difference between Cactus & Euphorbia in Sagar
> Upavan….some of us tasted for the 1st time, the flowers of Mahua……..saw the
> elusive & shy fruits of Chukarassy …….fruits of Strychnos nux vomica
> reminded us that Strychnine from  it was the favorite weapon of choice of
> Agatha Christie’s numerous murders in her novels……….in Colaba Woods, we
> walked through the groves of Amaltas, Tabebuia…………then we opened another
> chapter in our Walk……Healing Plants (medicinal plants) of Maharashtra
> Nature Park ……...followed by the discovery of large number of Palms in
> Heritage Garden in Hiranadani……….Comes monsoon and we saw the magic
> transformation of forest floor of SGNP with ephemerals…………we covered herbs,
> shrubs, climber, trees…& insects of Silonda, Malad, Stream & Gupha trails.
>
> We come to the edge..…… to the Mangrove of Mumbai…….some time called the
> ‘bioshields’……..the botanical amphibians…..the palisade…….the master
> survival on salty ground……..yes friends we take a Walk through the
> mangroves of Bhandup Pumping station on Eastern Express Highway on 25thMay at
> 7.00 am…..we request you all to join us for our 50
> th Walk…….
>
> Venue: Bhandup Pumping Station
>
> Time: 7.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
>
> Meeting Point: Bhandup Pumping Station BEST stop on the EE highway.
>
> How to reach: Bhandup pumping station is located very close to the Mulund
> / Airoli bridge junction. Those traveling via Powai from the western side
> take the flyover to the EE Highway and turn left towards Mulund. At the
> Airoli Junction signal, take a U turn, under the flyover and stop at the
> BEST Stop on the EE highway. Those driving from the central side (VT side),
> drive right upto Airoli Signal Junction and take a U turn at the signal.
> You can also take a bus from Kanjur to Airoli Junction or from Mulund to
> Bhandup Pumping Station bus stop.
>
> Caution….!!!
>
> Please carry plenty of water, wear cap, apply sun screen, shoes
> must..……its very hot & humid.
>
> We will be sending later the list of the plants which we will be showing
> during our Walk.
>
> Hope to see you all,
>
> Cheers,
>
> TAW Team

'Creating awareness of Indian Flora &
Fauna'<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1>
The whole world uses my Image
Resource<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg> of
more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies,
Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them
for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google
e-group<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/indiantreepix>
(largest
in the world- around 2330 members & 1,87,000 messages on 30/4/14) or
Efloraofindia
database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS
Sparrow Awards 2014 for
efloraofindia<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/award-for-efloraofindia>
.

India'.