Yes, this is *Sedum ewersii* but I'm afraid there have been major taxonomic
and nomenclatural changes in Crassulaceae.  Many higher mountain
Sedums are now within the genus *Rhodiola* whilst this is now *Hylotelephium
ewersii (ledeb.) H.Ohba* - except I see this is not an accepted name
within 'The Plant List', so must check this out.  It was the name used by
Dickore & Klimes in their checklist of Ladakh flora.

Stewart knew it as *S.ewersii* - a very common rock crevice plant, chiefly
in the temperate zone @ 1000, mostly 1500-4500m.  It grows on the Rohtang
Pass and I
know it from Ladakh.

Collet did not find it at Shimla but higher at Matiana and Narkunda.

'Flowers of Lahaul-Spiti' record it (as Hylotelephium) as common on rocks &

*I see there is **Hylotelephium* *pakistanicum* (G.R.Sarwar) G.R.Sarwar as
an accepted name - this does not gives *H.ewersii* as a synonym but when
google images is clicked various photos of the latter species appear along
with a line drawing of it!   In FOP *H.pakistanicum* is separated on the
basis of being glandular-hairy (and some other minor characteristics).
Would need to check this further to see if such a separation is justified
at species level?

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 3:38:47 AM UTC+1, ashwini wrote:

> A friend sent me this yesterday. He found this above Triund on his way to
> Ilaqa at about 3200m. I think this is *Sedum ewersii*. Please advise.
> *Sedum ewersii*
> Triund-Ilaqa, Dharamshala, HP
> 3200m
> 08-09 October 2016