Dear Alok: sorry... jesting at anybody is not my intention.... I was just pointing it out that measuring device you used was very appropriate and handy... with or without its magnifying capability....
so whether one has a macro of nikon's making or not.... one still needs to provide the taxonomists with proper id related data, and in photography that includes size.... please do not take it as a jest at anybody's expense... if anything I tend to be self-deprecating.... most humbly yours, Usha di *PS MAKESHIFT DEVICES** :* * * often are used by people who are more than most innovative.... and in Medicine..its called off-list-use...often awarding the innovator a second patent or an award... so please donot ever think you are deprived... you have an innovative brain, if you came up with this "second" use of the linen testor.... or if you adopted it for taxonomic photography....accept my good wishes....usha di.... =========== On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Alok Mahendroo <[email protected]>wrote: > Ha... ha... you jest at a poor commoner Usha di, > 'nikon macro and the built in macro capbility in my prosumer (lighter in > weight) sony ....' > where I am talking about a makeshift 'linen tester....' > regards > Alok > > On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 09:13 -0700, Ushadi micromini wrote: > > Dear Alok ji: > > Thank you, I definitely will try and get the linen tester, I just like > > the idea of a built in marker for size.... > > -- > Himalayan Village Education Trust > Village Khudgot, > P.O. Dalhousie > District Chamba > H.P. 176304, India > www.hive.interconnection.org > www.hivetrust.wordpress.com > www.forwildlife.wordpress.com > >

