Thanks Aneeta ji
It was a learning experience. For most plants II consult FBI which is
fairly reliable, but does not mention simple leaves. I think I will also
now buy Flora of Maharashtra.


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/


On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:39 AM, ushadi Micromini
<[email protected]>wrote:

> Thanks Aneeta
> may be we should stop here???
>
> unless you want to later add other things...
>
> I guess we have dissected issue far enough
>
> be well[?]
>
> and Keep posting such interesting things
>
> Usha di
>
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Aneeta Kindre <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> I would like to mention once again n all u can see d Habitat picture 
>> *SDC10270.JPG
>> & **DSCN0448.JPG *in which clearly seen the plant was grown on aquatic
>> place in Konkan, After catching some snaps heavy rain was started there,
>> thats why I was not able to catch the rosette of basal leaves,but as per
>> my field observations I concluded it C.chelidonii only, apart from rossete
>> leaves stamens are also suugested dat its only C.chelidonii & Gurucharan
>> sir too agrred it - " Yes it can't be C. simplicifolia in which stamens
>> are 10-12 in number. Yes  the number of stamens do suggest C. chelidoni "
>> I would say many thanks to Mayur jee who uploded Morphological snap of C.
>> simplicifolia.
>> Thanks to all.
>>
>> Warm Regards,
>> -Anita Kindre.
>>  Research Fellow,
>>  Garware College, Pune
>> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM, ushadi Micromini <
>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Mayur
>>> is this part of a publication or presentation, could I see the whole...
>>> you seem to a scanning pic of the seed perhaps???
>>> I cant tell...
>>>
>>> usha di
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Mayur Nandikar <[email protected]
>>> > wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello to all,
>>>> In my concern...I have too observed simple leaves in *Cleome
>>>> chelidonii, *in addition it only occurs in aquatic places or in marshy
>>>> land;  while *C. simplicifolia *is comparatively small, prostrate one
>>>> with ovate leaves, fairy occurs in mainland....
>>>>
>>>> Please see the attachment below for *C. simplicifolia*.
>>>> So the correct ID for Anitaji's posted pics is *C. chelidonii *only....at
>>>> least as per my concern.
>>>>
>>>>  Thank you.
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Here is another example of why it is important to upload photographs
>>>>> of leaves. Without the first photograph showing habitat, this plant would
>>>>> have easily gone into our records as Cleome chelidonii, a much similar
>>>>> looking in flowers except that here they are more lilac in shade than 
>>>>> being
>>>>> purple. The simple linear leaves are highly distinctive of C. 
>>>>> simplicifolia.
>>>>>   I also ignored the leaves being a distant shot, but thanks Ushadi
>>>>> for detecting 'wet feet' which forced me to look at leaves below on the
>>>>> plant.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
>>>>> Retired  Associate Professor
>>>>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
>>>>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
>>>>> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>>>>> http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
>>>>> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Gurcharan Singh 
>>>>> <[email protected]>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> BIG Thanks to Ushadi for raising the issue
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It is Cleome simplicifolia
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://tariquesani.net/displayimage.php?pos=-2283
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
>>>>>> Retired  Associate Professor
>>>>>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
>>>>>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
>>>>>> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>>>>>> http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
>>>>>> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:34 AM, ushadi Micromini <
>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Dear Aneeta and All:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> There is so much to know about Indian flora...
>>>>>>> yes I give you that flower is reminiscent ...
>>>>>>> and the seed pod ...  but such round seed pods develop in several
>>>>>>> plants I know of.. mustard is one that comes to mind...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> the pic *SDC10265-001.JPG shows that some animal is fond of grazing
>>>>>>> on it...
>>>>>>> *besides showing NOT A SINGLE CLEOME like leaf... at least to my
>>>>>>> eye..
>>>>>>> I 'll await Gurcharanji's email
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> thanks aneeta for additional pics.
>>>>>>> usha di
>>>>>>> *
>>>>>>> *
>>>>>>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Aneeta Kindre <
>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thanks a lot - Gurucharan sir, Muthu sir & Bhagyashri Mam n Mayur
>>>>>>>> jee for d appreciating snaps.
>>>>>>>> For Usha di jee n Gurucharan Sir, here i'm sending another some
>>>>>>>> pics of d same plant.
>>>>>>>> For d identification I have refered FLORA OF MAHARASHTRA STATE -
>>>>>>>> Dicotyledones VOL-1
>>>>>>>> I'm also sending scan copy of Flora which mentioned Cleome
>>>>>>>> chelidonii L.f.
>>>>>>>> Kindly Please check  n tell me, weather I'm right or wrong.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Warm regards,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>  -Anita Kindre.
>>>>>>>>  Research Fellow,
>>>>>>>>  Garware College, Pune
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Aneeta Kindre <
>>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Dear all,
>>>>>>>>> Here I'm sending some Photographs of
>>>>>>>>> Botanical Name - Cleome chelidonii L.f.
>>>>>>>>> Common Name - Celandine Spider Flower
>>>>>>>>> Vernacular Name- Pan tilvan
>>>>>>>>> Family - Capparaceae
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Date - August 2012
>>>>>>>>> Location - Rajapur, Ratnagiri, MH.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Warm Regards
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>  --
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Usha di
>>>>>>> ===========
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  --
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>  --
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
>>>> Research Student,
>>>> Department of Botany,
>>>> Shivaji University,
>>>> Kolhapur.
>>>> 07507013607
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Usha di
>>> ===========
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Usha di
> ===========
>
>

-- 



<<360.gif>>

Reply via email to