Thanks
I guess it would work but.. it would cause additional cpu usage as well.

In our case we can have data passing in up to 30 minutes late. If we do
resample every 6h it means then first 6h we'll have not very accurate data. And
then we'll also have 2 additional calls which won't do anything but eat cpu.

Looks like approach would be to setup additional cron job which updates
daily/30d cache..

If we would try to do group by 1d resample every 30m it just won't make any
sense :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/5b843963-89cf-4cd0-80bf-25df2ba82d2f%40googlegroups.com.