On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 3:41:20 PM UTC-4, Sean Beckett wrote:
> To clarify, SELECT * FROM data.copy expands out to "fetch all fields from the
> retention policy named 'data', and the measurement named 'copy'." InfluxDB
> supports [<database>.[<retention_policy>.]]<measurement> in the FROM clause,
> so if there's a period, it is separating the DB or RP from the measurement.
>

> Using double-quotes forces the query interpreter to parse that as a single
> identifier, and thus just the measurement name.
>

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Sean Beckett <se...@influxdb.com> wrote:
>
> > After creating this, how do I see the results saved in new measurement
> >data.copy?
>

> SELECT * FROM "data.copy"
>

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 8:20 AM,  <tracyann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a measurement that has the following fields in InfluxDB. The
> measurement name is data.
>

> Measurement name: data
>
> Time                                  Device              Interface    Metric
>    Value
>
> 2016-10-11T19:00:00Z    device1_name    int_name    In_bits    10
>
> 2016-10-11T19:00:00Z    device2_name    int_name    In_bits     5
>
> .
>
> .
>
> .
>

> I have created a continuous query as follows:
>

> CREATE CONTINUOUS QUERY "test_query" ON "db_name" BEGIN SELECT sum("value")
> as Sumin INTO "data.copy" FROM "data" where metric = 'In_bits' GROUP BY
> time(15m), device END
>

> After creating this, how do I see the results saved in new measurement
> data.copy? After creating this query, I am not able to find the new
> measurement that has been created. If I'm doing something wrong, I would like
> to get more input on this matter. Thanks!
>

> --
>
> Remember to include the version number!

> "InfluxData" group.

> email to influxdb+u...@googlegroups.com.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/8dd70a88-f5ae-43ed-8f21-083b1aedff7d%40googlegroups.com.

> Sean Beckett
> Director of Support and Professional Services
> InfluxDB
>

> --
>

> Sean Beckett
> Director of Support and Professional Services
> InfluxDB

Hi,
Thank you for that input. The version number is 1.0.0
And I have modified the continuous query to put the results into a new
measurement - "data_copy"
If I do a "select * from data_copy" it shows - "success! (no results to
display)"
If I do ""show measurements" I am unable to see "data_copy"
If I just run the select statement, it does return results. However, for the
continuous query, it doesn't put it into a new measurement which is what I want
it to do.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/e58f7c72-f7c2-4a01-a760-520ec13f9e98%40googlegroups.com.