Does

SELECT sum("value") as Sumin FROM "data" where metric = 'In_bits' GROUP BY
time(15m)

return the values you expect?

Can you share actual CLI or curl output? This seems like a syntax issue.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/CALGqCvNi4vF97zfB-rBeKJWrP%3DBJ4ErMOwMA-3Q3ce0mPs6eSA%40mail.gmail.com.