On Fri, 2019-09-13 at 13:40 +0100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 09:23:44 +0200, Clement Verna wrote:
> > Yeah the packages app is really useful and used by many, this is the main
> > reason it was not included in the application we are currently working on
> > giving away / retiring. But to be honest I think the priority of the
> > packages
> > app is quite low. Following are some of the work we have in our Backlog :
> >   • Packager UX improvement.
> >   • FAS replacement.
> >   • PDC replacement.
> >   • OSBS support for aarch64.
> >   • End to End testing and monitoring for the flatpak build pipeline.
> >   • Package review process improvement.
> >   • Fedora Infra technical debt.
>
> Is there somewhere community members can read more on these tasks of the
> CPE please?
>
> For the packages app---if it's in maintenance mode, I guess that's OK
> for the time being until something breaks.
>
> There are two aspects of the packages app that aren't available on
> src.fp.o that make it important for me:
>
> - bugz.fp.o/packagename -> but I expect this can be aliased to a direct
>   bugzilla query type URL? "Open bugs" on the packages app heads to
>   bugzilla already:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Fedora&product=Fedora+EPEL&component=python-rosinstall_generator&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

The feature this doesn't get you is the handy 'open a new bug for this
package' button. Which again can be replicated as a direct Bugzilla
link, but...you need at least a thing to serve a page showing those two
links :)

>   There are DDG bangs for bugzilla by the way but they don't search by
>   component (I'll suggest a new one soon): !rbugs, !rhbz
>
> - "Install this package" -> this is critical. I was wondering if there
>   was a way to allow users to "click to install",

There is actually supposed to be a URI format that PackageKit-based
package managers should handle, IIRC, but that was a 2014-vintage thing
or something so no idea if it still works.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey