Anil,

The issue is that we are using a LetsEncrypt cert for nexus.opendaylight.org,
and that's not a cert that is trusted by the OracleJDK.
We need a cert from one of the trusted CA listed below:

keytool -list -v -keystore
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_77.jdk/Contents/Home/jre//lib/security/cacerts
| grep Issuer:
Enter keystore password:

*****************  WARNING WARNING WARNING  *****************
* The integrity of the information stored in your keystore  *
* has NOT been verified!  In order to verify its integrity, *
* you must provide your keystore password.                  *
*****************  WARNING WARNING WARNING  *****************

Issuer: CN=DigiCert Assured ID Root CA, OU=www.digicert.com, O=DigiCert
Inc, C=US
Issuer: CN=COMODO RSA Certification Authority, O=COMODO CA Limited,
L=Salford, ST=Greater Manchester, C=GB
Issuer: EMAILADDRESS=premium-ser...@thawte.com, CN=Thawte Premium Server
CA, OU=Certification Services Division, O=Thawte Consulting cc, L=Cape
Town, ST=Western Cape, C=ZA
Issuer: CN=SwissSign Platinum CA - G2, O=SwissSign AG, C=CH
Issuer: CN=SwissSign Silver CA - G2, O=SwissSign AG, C=CH
Issuer: CN=Equifax Secure eBusiness CA-1, O=Equifax Secure Inc., C=US
Issuer: CN=SecureTrust CA, O=SecureTrust Corporation, C=US
Issuer: CN=UTN-USERFirst-Client Authentication and Email, OU=
http://www.usertrust.com, O=The USERTRUST Network, L=Salt Lake City, ST=UT,
C=US
Issuer: CN=AffirmTrust Networking, O=AffirmTrust, C=US
Issuer: CN=Entrust Root Certification Authority, OU="(c) 2006 Entrust,
Inc.", OU=www.entrust.net/CPS is incorporated by reference, O="Entrust,
Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=UTN-USERFirst-Hardware, OU=http://www.usertrust.com, O=The
USERTRUST Network, L=Salt Lake City, ST=UT, C=US
Issuer: CN=GlobalSign, O=GlobalSign, OU=GlobalSign ECC Root CA - R5
Issuer: CN=GlobalSign, O=GlobalSign, OU=GlobalSign ECC Root CA - R4
Issuer: CN=Certum CA, O=Unizeto Sp. z o.o., C=PL
Issuer: CN=AddTrust Class 1 CA Root, OU=AddTrust TTP Network, O=AddTrust
AB, C=SE
Issuer: CN=Entrust Root Certification Authority - G2, OU="(c) 2009 Entrust,
Inc. - for authorized use only", OU=See www.entrust.net/legal-terms,
O="Entrust, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, O=Equifax, C=US
Issuer: CN=QuoVadis Root CA 3, O=QuoVadis Limited, C=BM
Issuer: CN=QuoVadis Root CA 2, O=QuoVadis Limited, C=BM
Issuer: CN=Swisscom Root CA 2, OU=Digital Certificate Services, O=Swisscom,
C=ch
Issuer: CN=DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA, OU=www.digicert.com,
O=DigiCert Inc, C=US
Issuer: CN=Equifax Secure Global eBusiness CA-1, O=Equifax Secure Inc., C=US
Issuer: CN=GeoTrust Universal CA, O=GeoTrust Inc., C=US
Issuer: OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority, O="VeriSign,
Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=thawte Primary Root CA - G3, OU="(c) 2008 thawte, Inc. - For
authorized use only", OU=Certification Services Division, O="thawte, Inc.",
C=US
Issuer: CN=thawte Primary Root CA - G2, OU="(c) 2007 thawte, Inc. - For
authorized use only", O="thawte, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=Deutsche Telekom Root CA 2, OU=T-TeleSec Trust Center,
O=Deutsche Telekom AG, C=DE
Issuer: CN=Buypass Class 3 Root CA, O=Buypass AS-983163327, C=NO
Issuer: CN=UTN-USERFirst-Object, OU=http://www.usertrust.com, O=The
USERTRUST Network, L=Salt Lake City, ST=UT, C=US
Issuer: CN=GeoTrust Primary Certification Authority, O=GeoTrust Inc., C=US
Issuer: CN=Buypass Class 2 Root CA, O=Buypass AS-983163327, C=NO
Issuer: CN=Baltimore CyberTrust Code Signing Root, OU=CyberTrust,
O=Baltimore, C=IE
Issuer: OU=Class 1 Public Primary Certification Authority, O="VeriSign,
Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=Baltimore CyberTrust Root, OU=CyberTrust, O=Baltimore, C=IE
Issuer: OU=Starfield Class 2 Certification Authority, O="Starfield
Technologies, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=Actalis Authentication Root CA, O=Actalis S.p.A./03358520967,
L=Milan, C=IT
Issuer: CN=Chambers of Commerce Root, OU=http://www.chambersign.org, O=AC
Camerfirma SA CIF A82743287, C=EU
Issuer: CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 3, OU=T-Systems Trust Center,
O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH, C=DE
Issuer: CN=VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5,
OU="(c) 2006 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", OU=VeriSign Trust
Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2, OU=T-Systems Trust Center,
O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH, C=DE
Issuer: CN=VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G4,
OU="(c) 2007 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", OU=VeriSign Trust
Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G3,
OU="(c) 1999 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", OU=VeriSign Trust
Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=XRamp Global Certification Authority, O=XRamp Security Services
Inc, OU=www.xrampsecurity.com, C=US
Issuer: CN=Entrust Root Certification Authority - EC1, OU="(c) 2012
Entrust, Inc. - for authorized use only", OU=See www.entrust.net/legal-terms,
O="Entrust, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=Class 3P Primary CA, O=Certplus, C=FR
Issuer: CN=Certum Trusted Network CA, OU=Certum Certification Authority,
O=Unizeto Technologies S.A., C=PL
Issuer: OU=VeriSign Trust Network, OU="(c) 1998 VeriSign, Inc. - For
authorized use only", OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority -
G2, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=GlobalSign, O=GlobalSign, OU=GlobalSign Root CA - R3
Issuer: CN=UTN - DATACorp SGC, OU=http://www.usertrust.com, O=The USERTRUST
Network, L=Salt Lake City, ST=UT, C=US
Issuer: OU=Security Communication RootCA2, O="SECOM Trust Systems
CO.,LTD.", C=JP
Issuer: CN=GTE CyberTrust Global Root, OU="GTE CyberTrust Solutions, Inc.",
O=GTE Corporation, C=US
Issuer: OU=Security Communication RootCA1, O=SECOM Trust.net, C=JP
Issuer: CN=AffirmTrust Commercial, O=AffirmTrust, C=US
Issuer: CN=VeriSign Universal Root Certification Authority, OU="(c) 2008
VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", OU=VeriSign Trust Network,
O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=GlobalSign, O=GlobalSign, OU=GlobalSign Root CA - R2
Issuer: CN=Class 2 Primary CA, O=Certplus, C=FR
Issuer: CN=DigiCert Global Root CA, OU=www.digicert.com, O=DigiCert Inc,
C=US
Issuer: CN=GlobalSign Root CA, OU=Root CA, O=GlobalSign nv-sa, C=BE
Issuer: CN=thawte Primary Root CA, OU="(c) 2006 thawte, Inc. - For
authorized use only", OU=Certification Services Division, O="thawte, Inc.",
C=US
Issuer: CN=Starfield Root Certificate Authority - G2, O="Starfield
Technologies, Inc.", L=Scottsdale, ST=Arizona, C=US
Issuer: CN=GeoTrust Global CA, O=GeoTrust Inc., C=US
Issuer: CN=Sonera Class2 CA, O=Sonera, C=FI
Issuer: CN=Swisscom Root EV CA 2, OU=Digital Certificate Services,
O=Swisscom, C=ch
Issuer: CN=Thawte Timestamping CA, OU=Thawte Certification, O=Thawte,
L=Durbanville, ST=Western Cape, C=ZA
Issuer: CN=Sonera Class1 CA, O=Sonera, C=FI
Issuer: CN=QuoVadis Root Certification Authority, OU=Root Certification
Authority, O=QuoVadis Limited, C=BM
Issuer: CN=AffirmTrust Premium ECC, O=AffirmTrust, C=US
Issuer: CN=Starfield Services Root Certificate Authority - G2, O="Starfield
Technologies, Inc.", L=Scottsdale, ST=Arizona, C=US
Issuer: CN=AAA Certificate Services, O=Comodo CA Limited, L=Salford,
ST=Greater Manchester, C=GB
Issuer: CN=America Online Root Certification Authority 2, O=America Online
Inc., C=US
Issuer: CN=AddTrust Qualified CA Root, OU=AddTrust TTP Network, O=AddTrust
AB, C=SE
Issuer: CN=KEYNECTIS ROOT CA, OU=ROOT, O=KEYNECTIS, C=FR
Issuer: CN=America Online Root Certification Authority 1, O=America Online
Inc., C=US
Issuer: CN=VeriSign Class 2 Public Primary Certification Authority - G3,
OU="(c) 1999 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", OU=VeriSign Trust
Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=AddTrust External CA Root, OU=AddTrust External TTP Network,
O=AddTrust AB, C=SE
Issuer: CN=LuxTrust Global Root, O=LuxTrust s.a., C=LU
Issuer: OU=VeriSign Trust Network, OU="(c) 1998 VeriSign, Inc. - For
authorized use only", OU=Class 2 Public Primary Certification Authority -
G2, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=GeoTrust Primary Certification Authority - G3, OU=(c) 2008
GeoTrust Inc. - For authorized use only, O=GeoTrust Inc., C=US
Issuer: CN=GeoTrust Primary Certification Authority - G2, OU=(c) 2007
GeoTrust Inc. - For authorized use only, O=GeoTrust Inc., C=US
Issuer: CN=SwissSign Gold CA - G2, O=SwissSign AG, C=CH
Issuer: CN=Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048), OU=(c) 1999
Entrust.net Limited, OU=www.entrust.net/CPS_2048 incorp. by ref. (limits
liab.), O=Entrust.net
Issuer: OU=ePKI Root Certification Authority, O="Chunghwa Telecom Co.,
Ltd.", C=TW
Issuer: CN=Global Chambersign Root - 2008, O=AC Camerfirma S.A.,
SERIALNUMBER=A82743287, L=Madrid (see current address at
www.camerfirma.com/address), C=EU
Issuer: CN=Chambers of Commerce Root - 2008, O=AC Camerfirma S.A.,
SERIALNUMBER=A82743287, L=Madrid (see current address at
www.camerfirma.com/address), C=EU
Issuer: CN=USERTrust ECC Certification Authority, O=The USERTRUST Network,
L=Jersey City, ST=New Jersey, C=US
Issuer: OU=Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority, O="The Go Daddy Group,
Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=AffirmTrust Premium, O=AffirmTrust, C=US
Issuer: CN=USERTrust RSA Certification Authority, O=The USERTRUST Network,
L=Jersey City, ST=New Jersey, C=US
Issuer: CN=VeriSign Class 1 Public Primary Certification Authority - G3,
OU="(c) 1999 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", OU=VeriSign Trust
Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: OU=Security Communication EV RootCA1, O="SECOM Trust Systems
CO.,LTD.", C=JP
Issuer: OU=VeriSign Trust Network, OU="(c) 1998 VeriSign, Inc. - For
authorized use only", OU=Class 1 Public Primary Certification Authority -
G2, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
Issuer: CN=COMODO ECC Certification Authority, O=COMODO CA Limited,
L=Salford, ST=Greater Manchester, C=GB
Issuer: CN=Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2, O="GoDaddy.com, Inc.",
L=Scottsdale, ST=Arizona, C=US

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 5:12 PM, Ed Warnicke <hagb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> 77.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.12.3", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
>
> Ed
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 5:11 PM, Ed Warnicke <hagb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anil,
>>
>> Has anyone checked to see if the cert we are using is repected by the
>> Oracle JDK?
>>
>> Because I can trivially reproduce this issue with the Oracle JDK that
>> comes as stock on the Mac (where many of our developers work).
>> The SSL rating you mentioned is basically meaningless for this problem...
>> all that matters is:
>>
>> a)  Is the cert respected by OpenJDK
>> and
>> b)  Is the cert respected by Oracle JDK
>>
>> What I see from my experiment is that the answer to #b is *no*, and so we
>> must get a cert from a cert authority that *is*.
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Anil Belur <abe...@linuxfoundation.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On Thursday 16 March 2017 03:01 AM, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
>>>
>>> On 03/13/2017 04:56 PM, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
>>>
>>> On 03/13/2017 03:15 PM, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings folks,
>>>
>>> Google release Chrome 57 last week and if you happen to have updated you
>>> may find you can't access portions of OpenDaylight. LF is aware of this
>>> and will have a fix in place in by EOD today.
>>>
>>> -Andy-
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> The initial phase of this work is now done. All certificates except for
>>> Nexus have been switched over to Let's Encrypt certificates. We will be
>>> moving Nexus over tomorrow but as it's late in the day and we understand
>>> that Java can be touchy about the certs we don't want to make the change
>>> late in the business day even though we're certain it will work.
>>>
>>> Greetings folks,
>>>
>>> I know I said that the cert change for nexus would happen yesterday.
>>> However, given the issues that Jenkins was having with SNI it didn't
>>> happen. I have just now completed switching Nexus over to a Let's
>>> Encrypt (LE) certificate as well.
>>>
>>> I do not anticipate any issues given that the LE's CA is cross-signed by
>>> a CA that is in the Oracle JDK trust store but just in case folks using
>>> that JDK suddenly can't do local builds anymore, please let us know!
>>>
>>> -Andy-

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just letting everyone know, I had a chat with Andy on the issue seen by
>>> few people. The recent certificate changes to nexus repository as seen on
>>> SSL report in [1.] shows A+ grade and no issues, therefore would not
>>> require to import the cert chain manually. Going forward, for those who are
>>> still seeing the issue, we recommend sharing a dump of the CA's certs
>>> installed, using the following command:
>>>
>>> --[cut]--
>>> <JAVA_HOME>/bin/keytool -list -v -keystore

          • ... Colin Dixon
          • ... Daniel Malachovsky -X (dmalacho - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
          • ... Ed Warnicke
          • ... Colin Dixon
          • ... FREEMAN, BRIAN D
          • ... Ed Warnicke