I think it's also probably worth noting that we are basically talking about
less than $80 a year and a small number of minutes to solve
this problem:

https://ssl.comodo.com/landing/ssl/index-new03.php?af=7697&key1sk1=sem&ap=CUCSEM2017&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2fLGBRDopP-vg7PLgvsBEiQAUOnIXA9GgtA5W0JH7o0_Wt7EGiajYLoSUAxbkydr78bfzi4aAnm78P8HAQ

Its not like its expensive or hard.

Ed

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:09 AM, FREEMAN, BRIAN D <bf1...@att.com> wrote:

> This type of change is really terrible from my perspective. We have
> developers working on production features and we cant have a situation
> where they simply can’t get their job done because of something as simple
> as a certificate update. This is not a research project where a few people
> just need to see the note on the coffee machine that they should use  joe’s
> email to update their environment.
>

> We need to make sure that we don’t break the build process for developers.
> I also agree that reducing barriers to entry for the community needs to be
> lower not higher.
>

> My two cents is to fix the problem and put a certificate in that actually
> is widely accepted by our tools. Down the road when the certificate
> authority is available in the predominant tools being used a different
> answer might be possible.
>

> Brian

          • ... Mohamed ElSerngawy
          • ... Colin Dixon
          • ... Vishal Thapar
          • ... Ed Warnicke
          • ... Colin Dixon
          • ... Daniel Malachovsky -X (dmalacho - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
          • ... Ed Warnicke
          • ... Colin Dixon
          • ... FREEMAN, BRIAN D
          • ... Ed Warnicke