Am 06.06.2017 um 14:20 schrieb brynn:
> Hi Marietta and Everyone,
>        That was my fault.  When you first messaged me, I didn't notice
> that you messaged me privately, off-list.  So everything I said, I
> thought everyone else was reading (except for the last one, where I
> realized it, and shared some personal info).
>
>        One of the things I said, which I thought the whole list was
> seeing, is getting Marietta's account connected with the manual.

- No need to do that. Just join the group as is described in the email
that started this, then start working :)

> couldn't figure out how to do it.  I can see, apparently, everyone who
> is reg'd for Floss Manuals profiles.  But I don't see how to get into
> them to change anything.  I'm not sure if that has happened yet?  Looks
> like not?  I'll send Maren your username, and she can get it set properly.
>
>        Maren (it's Maren, not Marten) could be called the project
> manager, but C R and I are also co-admins (just in case Maren is not
> available for some urgent admin-level need).

- It's Elisa, CR and you, Brynn, who have admin permissions, in addition
to myself as the 'owner' of the book - which doesn't amount to much,
because there's not really a lot that an admin can do more than a normal
user.

This has been done to ensure that there will be someone at the Hackfest
who does have access to all the functionality, in case it's needed, and
to have a fallback who can create new versions, in case something
happens to me ;-) (we do have too little redundancy in this project in
many places).
Also, to honor the people who have shown the largest interest in this
with some additional responsibility :P

Kind Regards,
 Maren

> [...]
>
>        When you see that you're set up, go to the Notes tab, and read
> through the guidelines.  Then you can decide if there's something you'd
> like to do.
>
>        Sorry for the mix-up.  And congrats for sticking with it, and
> speaking up again.
>
> All best,
> brynn
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Marietta Walker
> Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2017 12:20 PM
> To: inkscape-docs@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Inkscape-docs] [Inkscape-devel] News item about the new
> manual work?
>
> Thank you Marten,
>
> I have been in touch with Brynn and I have offered to help if I can.
> But I too was wondering who is the Project Manager, handling the task
> analysis and the work assignments.  I really don't think you can have a
> project of this level, with multiple people involved, and not have
> someone assessing skill levels, tracking task completion, determining
> milestones, and communicating progress.
>
> Your Project Manager must also be given the authority to ask questions
> related to the tasks and resources needed to complete the assigned
> progress and to expect an answer. I have been waiting for someone to
> contact me related to the skill set I possess to let me know if I can
> help at all.
>
> Brynn I am sorry, I thought you were the Project Manager, so I shared my
> skill set with you, thinking you were putting together people and skills.
>
> Maren seems to be moving along and as she mentioned, you do need someone
> familiar with Inkscape, which I am not.  I just started using it a few
> months ago to do basic 2D drawings for quilting projects.
>
> If I can help, I will be glad to do so, but I do have limitations in
> knowing the software.
>
> Regards
> Marietta
>
> On 6/4/2017 10:09 AM, Martin Owens wrote:
>> Can someone help Maren?
>>
>> I feel like a news article and a deviantArt post would be useful for
>> drumming up volunteers.
>>
>> But also, for a project director when just getting started, it's useful
>> to hand out jobs, so people know that they are needed and that they
>> don't have to think too much about which of the jobs they should do
>> while figuring out the software/editing platform.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Best Regards, Martin Owens
>>
>> On Sun, 2017-06-04 at 14:46 +0200, Maren Hachmann wrote:
>>> CR, I have been translating (and fixing contents as I go) 1-2
>>> chapters
>>> each day for the last 2.5 weeks and am more than halfway through (35
>>> chapters done, 24 left to do). There wasn't anyone else to be seen
>>> around, after the first week, when one person translated a chapter
>>> (unfortunately they picked the only one that needs to be rewritten
>>> from
>>> scratch, because Inkscape changed), and two people proofread a couple
>>> chapters (thank you!!!). Well, and a couple of days ago, someone