On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 21:14 +0100, Maren Hachmann wrote:
> Thanks, that helps. Kudos for figuring out that weird reason.
>
> Turns out one cannot subscribe to all news. I don't think it should
> require me to subscribe to a specific language, when I have set it to
> 'all', though.
>
> Screenshots:
> http://i.imgur.com/3TxCOWG.png
> http://i.imgur.com/Hi70BIT.png

Great! I've fixed this specific issue, I don't think it was ever
intended to be a required field like this.

I also pushed the new keywords and html desc fields for the releases
app. Which I figured was VERY important to fix. So we can now set a
htmldesc on the release (say 0.91) which will show in google's search
results as the description for those pages. Plus keywords for the
release which will be added to the keywords list, then on top of that
each platform can have it's own keywords now, so they get added on too.

So base.html says "inkscape,", release.html template adds
"release,download," Release object adds "0.92.1,fun_release,etc..."
then the platform adds "windows,win32,win10,windows 10,..." etc etc.

None of these fields are currently filled in though, so if there's some
really kind docs person who wants to mull over what they should be all
set to, let us know and I can give some training into how to use the
admin site to set them.

Martin,