Hi,

I have the following problem:  I am backing up my i7k Win98 partition using a
tape drive that is connected to the machine through a PCMCIA card (bus toaster).
I would like to create a boot disk that will allow me to restore the system in
case of a disaster without having to install Win98 first.  Unfortunately, Dell
does not supply DOS card and socket services to enable me to create this boot
disk.  Any idea how can I do it?

Another option I have, is to backup the vfat partition (the Win98 partition)
from Linux for which I have a boot disk that loads the PCMCIA drivers.  Would
such a full restore work?  Would I be able to restore the system from Linux in
such a way that Win98 will not have to be installed first?

Thanks,
Avi

--
Avi Schwartz.........................................Stable System, n.:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] result of shutting

---
  http://nts.ml.org
  FAQ:                               http://www.ps.uci.edu/~tomba/inspiron/