Hi Tom,

RFC4459 does not propose tunnel fragmentation (i.e., fragmentation
at a layer above IP but below the transport protocol).

> GUE extensions include a fragmentation option
> within the encapsulation headers in lieu of doing IP fragmentation.
> This is addresses several of the problems described for IP
> fragmentation.

Tunnel fragmentation was first discussed in RFC2764, then later by
me in RFC5320 and in all of my subsequent writings, which is how
it found its way into GUE extensions.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com